A community isn’t just an area of land – a postcode or village, town, suburb or street. It’s people. It’s goodwill. It’s coming together to achieve a shared goal or offer support in a crisis.
It is all of these things and more and in the Stanley area we’re lucky to have such strong bonds that will see us through the difficult situations and emerge a more robust, more united community.
In my last update, I focused on the outstanding work of PACT House, which has mobilised incredibly since the very beginning of this crisis. Offering meals and free teas & coffee literally all day with a friendly warm smile.
County Durham Community Foundation
Whitfield Court, St John’s Road
Meadowfield Industrial Estate
Durham, DH7 8XL
Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm; Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm
Just for Women welcomes all women and young girls, provide support and assistance in a non-judgemental, non-threatening environment that will give each woman the opportunity to be heard and accept the equal worth of each women and value the individually of her life experience.
“We are a community based, independent service dedicated to empowering women and young girls through support, advice and bespoke programs tailored around the women and young”.
- To be open to all women and young girls
- To offer counselling and support groups free of charge
- To focus activities that meet the needs of women and young girls
- To educate women and young girls through seminars and workshops at the centre
- Listen, understand and validate women and young girls in a non-judgemental, safe and
- Be sensitive to women and young girls choices and life circumstances
- Respect all differences
- Enable women and young girls to have a choice through provision of opportunity knowledge and support
- Partner with other organisations to meet the needs of women in our community
Tel: 01207 281145