Tonight’s planned Finance Committee has been postponed to Wednesday 18th July (next Wednesday) as it clashes with England’s semi-final against Croatia. #Itscominghome
The papers for next week’s Full Council meeting are linked below.
The meeting will be held at 6.30 pm at Civic Hall, Front Street Stanley. All Stanley Town Council meetings are open to the public, who are encouraged to attend.
If any members of the public wish to ask the Council a question in relation to any business on the agenda, they should use the Contact Us page.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN
That due to the resignation of Councillor Thomas Armstrong, a vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for the Parish Council.
If by the 3rd July 2018 (14 clear days after the date of this notice) a request for an election to fill the said vacancy is made in writing to:
The Returning Officer
by TEN electors for the said Parish, an election will be held to fill the vacancy; otherwise the vacancy will be filled by co-option.
If an election is called, it will take place not later than 7th September 2018.
Dated: Friday 15th June 2018
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
Stanley Town Council’s Annual Return needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Public Sector Audit Appointments Ltd. Any person interested has the right to inspect the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts and other documents relating to those records or documents.
These documents for Stanley Town Council are to be made available on reasonable notice by application between the hours of 9.30am and 4.00pm on Mondays to Fridays (excluding public holidays) commencing on Wednesday 13 June 2018 and ending on Tuesday 24 July 2018.
If you wish to view them then please contact Stanley Town Council’s representative:
Mr A Shaw, Town Clerk
Front St, Stanley
Co Durham, DL9 0NA
Tel: (01207) 299109
Local Electors and their representatives have rights to question the auditor about the accounts and object to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Town Council. The auditor can be contacted at the address below for this purpose during the inspection period which commences on 13 June 2018 and ends on 24 July 2018
The Council’s annual return is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice.
The appointed auditor of Stanley Town Council is: Mazars, Salvus house, Aykley Heads, Durham, DH1 5TS Tel: (0191) 383 6348
This announcement is made by Alan Shaw, Town Clerk 11th June 2018
Copy of Annual return is linked below:
Next Tuesday the Council holds its Annual Meeting. Each May, the Council elects a new Town Mayor to officiate at meetings and be the ‘face’ of the Council in the community. At the Annual Meeting the Council reviews its constitution and rules, signs off the annual accounts and decides when the Council will meet in the coming Civic Year.
The meeting will commence at 6.30 pm in the Civic Hall. The public are encouraged to attend.
Next week the Council is holding two Committee Meetings:
Tuesday 8th May, 6.30 pm – Projects & Initiatives
Wednesday 9th May, 6.00 pm – Finance & Governance
Both meetings will be held at the Civic Hall, Front St Stanley and are open to members of the public for attendance. The agendas are linked below for information. Background papers will be uploaded when they are available.
An election will be contested for the vacant office of Councillor for the Catchgate Ward of the Town Council on 31st May 2018. The details of the candidates contesting the election and the polling stations are on the Notice of Poll attached to this post
Due to a clash with the theatre, next week’s Ordinary Council meeting will now be held in the Masonic Hall, Scott St, Stanley. The meeting will begin at 6.30pm as advertised.
Stanley Town Council has decided to engage a partner company to deliver its programme of community events over the next three years. We are inviting applications from experienced and highly reputable events management businesses to will provide a high quality service for a number of outdoor events throughout the years 2018, 2019 and 2020.
The specification and contract details have been published on the Open Government’s Contract Finder website. Full details of the specification and how to submit a bid for the contract are on the website, which can be found HERE
For an informal discussion about the contract, please contact the Town Clerk on 01207 299109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- An Election is to be held of One Town Councillor for Stanley Parish (Catchgate Ward).
- Forms of nomination for the Parish Election may be obtained from the Clerk to the Parish Council or the Returning Officer, Room 1/104-115, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL, (between the hours of 10.00am and 4.00pm) who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
- Nomination papers must be delivered in person to the Returning Officer, Room 1/104-115, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL (between the hours of 10.00am and 4.00pm), on any day from the date of this notice but no later than 4 pm on Wednesday, 2nd May 2018. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 31st May 2018.
- Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Room 1/104-115, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL by 5 pm on Tuesday, 15th May 2018.
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Room 1/104-115, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL by 5 pm on Tuesday, 22nd May 2018.
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election applied for on grounds of physical incapacity, where that physical incapacity occurred after 5 pm on Tuesday, 22nd May 2018, must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Returning Officer, Room 1/104-115, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL by 5 pm on Thursday, 31st May 2018.